Always Protect YourselfWith the beginning of the new school year fast approaching, parents, children and motorists should take time to review some key rules and guidelines to make the school year a safe and enjoyable experience.
Students on the Way to School Should
- Wait for their bus in a safe place, away from traffic and the street.
- Make sure they walk to and from school or the bus stop with others whom they know and trust.
- Tell the driver if they have dropped something near the bus before they retrieve it.
- Keep a safe distance from the bus until it comes to a complete stop and the driver says it is OK to approach and enter.
- Exit the bus and take 10 big steps away from the bus, always maintaining a safe distance from the bus.
- Pay attention to and obey all traffic signals and signs. It is also exceptionally important to be extra careful in foggy, rainy or snowy weather.