Always Protect Yourself
- Walk with your head up, make eye contact with others, have confidence and move at a steady pace.
- Stay in well-lit, heavily travelled areas. Avoid alleys, dark parking lots or secluded areas.
- If you wear headphones while walking, keep the volume low so you can hear other noises.
- Avoid texting and walking as your attention is not on where you are going or who is coming toward you.
- Don’t walk alone at night. Walk in groups as there is always safety in numbers.
- If you are going to a particular destination, let someone know you are on your way and approximately what time you will arrive.